Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An engineer in final year

This is the first major blog i am writing on my part. Today the results for TE were out and I came up with d thought of writing d first blog regarding d analysis of the semester (as fb status are too small :) ).

The semester started off with me in FRUIT SALAD organizing committee at hostel. It taught many new things . My favorite was a speech to the JUNIORS to inculcate enthusiasm in them (to make fruit salad for 2000 guests isn't a joke). It worked out very well and people came to me asking whether I had prepared it before hand but it was totally run-time. There was a point where I had a few clashes with outgoing students but resolved a day before the event as I thought it was necessary not for anyone's ego to come in between the traditional event .

After that i focussed on building on my own web-site using PHP and MySql which i learnt during my last vacations on my own (i hate coaching classes). So within 3 days i made http://www.kaustubhwise.000a.biz . I was very glad to get a free hosting server for me and the web site still runs very fine.

Then was the major crux of the semester , the mega-technical event INC (Impetus N Concepts) -2010 , which is a national level technical event. I had given a thought previously of becoming the event coordinator (EC) in first year itself after seeing the seniors' craze . But , things on the election day did not go pretty well in my favour (Nachiket A and Neha S know it well) . So, somehow (better to say , anyhow) I , along with Nachiket , became the joint EC 's from computer department.

The entire functioning took around 2 months for the 7 day show to be put up .It also brought out the leader in me , the perfectionist in me and a true appreciator in me . I had 2 logos in mind and also told my team mates-
1."Some things are to be ignored for a successful event"
2."Bring out the best without considering self favour".
The event went along very well in which we had prize money of more than 7 lacs INR (not to mention money collected through marketing and publicity).
In between I also took part in few C coding and web competitions in a team of 2 and won at VIT,Sinhagad,PVG (with sahil,aditya and keshav). Also,i won an award for highest in EM-3 (Maths- I love it and had aimed to top in it and i achieved it - 90/100.)

Then after the event was over , hardly any time was left to complete college formalities - seminars and submissions. I would especially appreciate lab teachers for allowing me to come to lab for 10 min from a total of 2 hours when something new was taught . The trust for me was visible in everyone's eyes (including the convener , team mates and teachers) and thats what kept me going.

PLs came , I studied hard , as I hadn't attended the lectures properly . I pushed my comfort zone more harder as I know efforts required will be more . But all is well , as I got 72.2 % (3 rd in college )in TE and having an aggregate of 75.8% in engineering till now.

Between the PLs and result was a very important thing - PLACEMENT , a dream for every engineer (life for some and a formality for some) . For me , it was quiet important as i want things very specific as planned for me. I prepared hard and got placed in TIBCO and i am very much pleased.

So,to conclude , I would thank each and everyone , who in anyway has been associated with me because i learn many things from you event though you wont notice it. Few dear friends -
Sahil,Arvind,Darshil,Abhijeet,Nikita,Trupti,Aditi,Jyotsna,Siddhi......many more .

God thanks for giving such mesmerizing and learning semester . Now only last 2 semesters remain . All the best to all .

"Think simple , think high ,but be very clear and the thoughts become reality ."

A diplomat,
KK.
(Do i see jyotsna smiling :) )

2 comments:

  1. Hey, bro, ITS VERY WELL WRITTEN AND REALLY PROUD TO HAVE A SENIOR LIKE "YOU", AS A PICT'AN & AS STUDENT OF LAHOTI & RATHI HOSTEL....
    from : Neha Somani

    ReplyDelete